September 3, 1975 began the opening chapter of the exciting and ambitious history of Trinity Baptist Church. Fifteen people met in a private home and prayerfully established the Denmark Sunday School which was the forerunner of the Church.
Original Church Family (1976)
A decision was made to meet the following week at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Roscoe Roberts and thereby beginning an active Sunday School. Forty-two people attended the first Sunday School meeting. After a devotional on the Twenty-third Psalm, a slate of officers and teachers was elected. A local farmer and businessman allowed the use of his closed fertilizer warehouse in Nevils as a temporary meeting place for church for approximately six months.
The third meeting of the Church was held on September 17, 1975 when the congregation chose the name TRINITY in order to honor God, the Father, the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. This meeting also resulted in extending a call to its first (and only) pastor, Joe Eason.
In December 1975 construction began on the permanent church building on land donated by Mr. Roscoe Roberts. The church, constructed mostly by members, was finished in approximately two months and on the second Sunday in February 1976 the congregation moved into their new building.
Photo: Church Building (1975)
Photo: Church Building (1994)
Many construction projects during the 80’s and 90’s have provided a larger worship center, additional educational space, and a Family Life Center.
Photo: Original Sanctuary (1995)
Photo: Today's Sanctuary (1998)
Trinity began with 39 members joining on the first day of chartering the church. Today, Trinity has over 1000 members and God keeps adding to the Church. It is our sincere desire to be faithful and loyal to the Redeemer and Savior until He comes. With great expectations and Divine appointment, it is our great ambition to be "A voice for God" and have "A heart for People."
Photo: Church Family Present at New Building Dedication Day 1998
Copyright © 2021 Nevils Trinity Baptist Church, Inc.