This section has been especially designed for both new members and guests. We want to give you detailed information about Trinity and answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQs).
On Your First Visit
If you are visiting Trinity for the first time, you will be greeted by friendly ushers that will be happy to assist you and provide to you our weekly bulletin with our guest registration form. If you arrive for a church service, an usher will gladly help you find a seat in the auditorium. If you arrive for Sunday School or Bible Study, an usher will help you decide which class is right for you. If you have a friend that attends a particular class, and you don’t know which class, an usher will help you find your friend’s class. And if you have children, an usher will give you a brief tour of our facilities and give you an opportunity to meet your child’s teacher.
Trinity’s worship services are dynamic and inspirational. Insightful Biblical messages from our pastor and encouraging music from the Sanctuary Choir are held each Sunday Morning & Evening. (Please visit our Online Media Center to view some of our worship services).
It is a privilege to share the Word of God and Trinity with you. We invite everyone to be part of the excitement and the fellowship of Trinity.
Be sure to visit our Interactive Campus & Facility Guide.
Welcome to the Trinity family. We are so excited that you have decided to join our growing family! Please find below resources to help you get involved in the many ministries and opportunities at Trinity.
New Member Registration Form
Lay Ministry Sign-up Form
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are the organizations in which Trinity is affiliated? Trinity is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention*, the Georgia Baptist Convention*, and the Ogeechee River Baptist Association*. (*denotes external websites)
2) Is there a place for me to serve? Yes! Trinity has over 25 active ministries that involve men, women, students, and children of all ages. From music to drama, student ministries and senior activities, children’s church to visitation ministry, Trinity offers a number of areas where one can serve. Also, we encourage every member to be active in a ministry.
3) What is Trinity’s belief about the Bible? Trinity’s position on the Bible is that it is the inerrant, infallible, and in-exhaustive word of God. It is the basis of all belief for the Christian. (See the Baptist Faith & Message – external website)
4) Does Trinity support Missions? Yes! Trinity has its own mission teams and individuals that the church supports as well as its support for all of the Southern Baptist Convention mission programs, such as the Cooperative Program, Annie Armstrong (North American Missions) and Lottie Moon (International Missions) offerings.
5) How do I join Trinity? There are 4 ways you can become a member of Trinity: a) By profession of faith and baptism; b) By letter from another Baptist Church (if you have already been baptized); c) By statement—you give your statement that you are saved and have been baptized by immersion; d) From another denomination—you present yourself for membership and be baptized by immersion.
6) Why do I have to be baptized by immersion? Because Baptists believe that scriptural baptism is by immersion only.
7) How do I present myself for membership? Come forward to the front of the auditorium following the message preached at the time when the invitation is given. The pastor will be at the front and will welcome you.
8) Are non-members allowed to serve in ministries? Yes, non-members may serve in a limited capacity, but they cannot hold leadership positions.
9) Does Trinity have a statement of belief? Baptist churches do not have creeds, but our basic doctrinal beliefs can be found in Trinity’s Mission Statement and Trinity also subscribes to the Baptist Faith and Message.
As a church of Jesus Christ and as believers in Him as our Personal Savior, we will: Reach the lost with the message of the Gospel, teach the saints the Word of God, love our fellow believers and minister to their needs and Worship the God of Glory who has offered to all mankind the unspeakable gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. And to this end we freely give of our money, talents, time and love.
Copyright © 2018 Nevils Trinity Baptist Church, Inc.